Questions, we have answers for you
1. What software do you use?
Practice Management Solutions currently uses an industry-leading healthcare technology company to deliver a web-based, fully integrated practice management solution. Their technology platform delivers a robust scheduling, patient, documentation, and reporting modules as well as optional services, such as eSuperbills, ePrescribe, eEligibility, and electronic health and medical records (EHR/EMR).
2. How will my data move from my practice to Practice Management Solutions?
Through the use of an innovative, HIPAA-compliant cloud server technology, moving information from your clinic(s) to Practice Management Solutions occurs simply by dragging and dropping files into a folder we place onto your desktop. It is incredibly fast, easy and, efficient! It allows you to be up-to-date on any changes or corrections needed and everything is in real-time. Documents placed in this folder will be updated on daily. You also have the option of faxing or emailing as well.
3. How quickly do you file claims?
95% of all claims are submitted to the payers within 24-48 hours of receipt, excluding weekends and holidays. The remaining 5% are batches received late and/or claims that need additional information from the clinic before being accurately submitted. These can also include secondary and/or tertiary paper claim submissions.
4. How do you request information from my practice?
We understand how busy and hectic your office can be so instead of calling or emailing you with requests, Practice Management Solutions creates a log for each clinic location where information requests are logged by us this will be located in the document folder placed on your desktop or as a separate folder needed only for those who will be sending the information. Your office staff can open the log at their convenience and resolve the outstanding items when they have the time although urgent matters are due within 24-48 hours of notice. This log also provides a great tracking tool to determine if there are reoccurring issues that may need to be resolved through additional training and/or educational resources. This also serves as a tool for your staff to be able to communicate with us regarding any questions they may have about the requests. We try to make the requests as detailed as possible. We may also request information via fax or email if that is more convenient for your office.
5. Do you use a claims editing software?
Yes. Practice Management Solutions uses a vigorous, rules-based claim scrubber that catches coding and field entry errors before the claim is sent.
6. Where do the payments go?
Both insurance and patient payments will go directly to your practice. Your office will be responsible for reporting these payments along with any paper EOB’s and paper denials to Practice Management Solutions in a batch submitted through the drag and drop file transfer process outlined above. However, because of our focus on setting up providers on EFT/ERA’s, many of your payments can come electronically.
7. How will you work on my Accounts Receivables?
Our software program has a customizable collections module which means we set up a detailed, custom collection worklists tailored to your practice’s payer mix. This tool allows Practice Management Solutions to keep your Accounts Receivable well below the average for your specialty which means more of your money is in your pocket. The customizable collections module will be set up once your practice has signed on with us. If we are working off your software, we obtain the reports from your software and see what your payer mix is and begin calling payors to collect on the amounts owed.
8. Who bills the patients?
With the exception of collecting money at the time of service, Practice Management Solutions handles all patient billing activities including sending out monthly statements, following up on outstanding balances (calls, letters), and escalating to third-party collections, if approved by you. However, we do offer to train your office staff and show you how to collect as much patient money as possible upfront at the time of the visit to minimize patient balances.
9. Where does a patient call with questions regarding their statements?
Patients will call Practice Management Solutions directly with any questions about their statement.
10. What kind of reports do you produce?
Practice Management Solutions provides a comprehensive set of monthly and quarterly reports just days after month-end and quarter-end so that the information you receive is thorough and timely.
11. How is your fee determined?
We charge a flat monthly fee for most of our services. Our fees are based upon the services requested by the provider and the information from the analysis of the practice. Every practice is different so we take this into consideration for all of our Clients.
12. How are you different from other billing companies?
- We offer a comprehensive, web-based practice management system as a core part of our solution. Practice Management Solutions can truly customize a solution that meets YOUR needs
- Practice Management Solutions offers a complete solution for your practice. We address all components of the revenue cycle, not just the billing and collection activities.
- Our processes and workflows are flexible and full of checks and balances, which means we can easily accommodate growth in your practice.
- Practice Management Solutions provides comprehensive practice reporting to give you the actionable insight you need to manage your practice like the business it is.
- Progressive, innovative thinking from a skilled team focused on delivering efficiency, profitability and peace of mind to you and your practice.